Developing my Whole Self

Developing my Whole Self
Sunset in Africa as captured by me

Monday, September 5, 2011

It's not too late...

Anybody pretending to be anything other than who you really are—you will never, ever reach your personal potential.
—Oprah
 
Several weeks ago, I posted the following Facebook Status Update:
  
You know that thing/person/behavior/attitude you have been hanging onto for far too long? It wants to be released. There is no place for it in your future. Besides, you outgrew it a long time ago...no longer a good look. Trust and Believe!
 That absolutely was the beginning of my acknowledgement of the need for change. Prior to this, I was merely existing when it came to my health and nutrition. Um no, I was "dead" to health and nutrition. I knew it was important, had even experienced some success with it in the past. But, on August 24, 2011, my perception opened and caused a real life change.  
What I know is true is that I am on earth at this moment in time, to bless others. My purpose to encourage and to uplift others to press forward, to dream on, to live their best lives. We are all in this human experience together desiring love, peace and to live fulfilled lives. This desire crosses color, economic and social lines. It may look differently to each person. And that's okay..that is the beauty of our freedom as individuals.
What I know for sure is that, I must transform and develop myself mentally, spiritually and physically in order to accomplish my life's purpose. One aspect is not more important the other. Balance is key. 
To be authentically and organically ME requires that I feed my mind, my soul and my body the best. I control what comes in and what goes out. And when I choose not to honor my body, I choose to not live authentically. I don't really care how long I have lived with unhealthy habits, that is not the real me. It is time to emerge, to grow, to blossom.
Little Facts I love:
Spinach from Blisstree.com
One cup of spinach has nearly 20% of the RDA of dietary fiber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar, and curbs overeating.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment