Developing my Whole Self

Developing my Whole Self
Sunset in Africa as captured by me

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pro-vision for my vision.....

This is a comment I just wrote on my friend Freida's "A journey to a Healthy Me" Blog in response to a pic she took of us lastnight after our Zumbatoning Fitness Class at Faboom Dance School...

I got a lil' teary eyed reading this. I actually started feeling that old familiar feeling when I saw you posted our pic. I was hesitant to really look at 'ME' the curves, the hills, the valleys. I could always control the pics I posted, cropping and cutting to create a more flattering look. But there I am full body at that..posing no less...in a strong confident "I am woman" position with two powerful sister-friends and I love it. I accept who I am today and I embrace the woman I am becoming. Thank you for sharing..Thank you for being Fre!!!
Jodi, Freida & Ashley after a great Zumba Workout
I have found that the key to continuing on my journey is PREPARATION. I always loved when my Pastor Daddy (yes, my dad is an ordained minister) would say God has PRO-vision for your Vision. I have come to personally experience God as a provider. He has blessed me tremendously and not just financially. I am talking peace, faith, hope, love and joy. As I work towards a goal, I know that people, circumstances, situations etc. are already in place to assist me on my path.

So my part in this is being busy at my vision. I have committed to working on my health and wellness. Yes, I still have a slice of pizza or my co-worker's yummy brownie bites but, I know I must balance my choice to indulge by increasing my work out or balancing the meal for the rest of the day.

I am gone about 15 hours a day between my commute, transporting my son, work, errands and the gym. In order to stay on top of my nutrition, I must plan ahead and pack my food. I am exhausted once I get home but, I started the habit of preparing my lunch the night before. As I have stated in my previous post, I often pot luck with a group of girls who share in my vision.

Our lunch menu consisted of a roasted veggie pasta salad (Farfalle, roasted mushrooms, broccoli, carrots & tomatoes tossed with a bit of Brianna's French Vinagrette). For my friend Amy, I pulled her portion aside and packed her salad in a cute Hello Kitty container without the added Asiago, Cheddar and Grilled Chicken. We planned a salad bar side dish.





I brought shredded carrots, broccoli and tomatoes.

added a pear for good measure :-)

In order to make this work for me and to get out of the house on time, about 5:50 in the morning, my lunch bag has to be ready to roll.













I put the whole thing in the fridge so I can grab it and go!!! No more running out at lunch for a fast food salad or whatever else moved me that day. I can control what I eat. I am empowered.










Packing my lunch is one way I commit to working on my vision.

"By failing to prepare you are preparing to fail."

~Ben Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment