Developing my Whole Self

Developing my Whole Self
Sunset in Africa as captured by me

Friday, September 9, 2011

Two are stronger than one

Growing up, I remember my parents frequently reminding me to mind my manners and my company.  I learned that no matter how the world 'progresses' that some things should never change. I was raised by people who honestly believe that your word is your bond. A simple shake of the hand indicated your commitment to getting the job done..

Developing a solid character was of the utmost importance. Not only did I come to understand that committing to my personal goals will ensure positive success but, I had the power to help others grow also. Iron most definitely sharpens iron.
Roasted Veggies by Nichole

As I have previously shared, a few great friends regularly water my healthy living seeds. There are times I am on the treadmill or packing a balanced lunch for work the next day, I think about these individuals who act as fans on the sidelines. I find that sharing this goal with a few trusted individuals keeps me pressing towards the mark.

 My hope is that my changes can encourage someone else to continue on their journey towards their best selves. Life is truly about paying it forward.

My friends and I occasionally pot luck at work. It is such a pleasure having a group of girlfriends who support a healthy lifestyle!

Wenesday's Lunch Menu Included:
Roasted Veggies
Brown Rice
Hummus
Pita Chips
Green Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette 

Little Facts I love
Build Better Bones  

Build better bones by eating bananas? Yes, enjoying bananas frequently as part of your healthy way of eating can help improve your body's ability to absorb calcium via several mechanisms.

"True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it be lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

No comments:

Post a Comment